<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 16, 2006

Help For The Do-It-Yourselfer: Yeah, right. 

I've been trying to diagnose a sick washing machine. Something is dreadfully wrong with its circulatory system. I'm not sure whether the cost of a service call is warranted on a 10-year old machine, so I've been talking to Amana and looking up do-it-yourself washer repair web sites.

Something is dreadfully wrong with printed and online trouble-shooting instructions. They say things like, "If your washer shows symptoms of being unplugged, insert prongs of electrical cord in wall socket." And, "If the water faucets are turned off, turn them on and that may solve the problem of your washer not filling."

This does not help me at all! I need clear and detailed instructions on how to address problems like "Why do only 50% of the socks that go in come out?" and "Why does the washer shrink all my jeans during the holiday season??!!!"

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?